Job Opportunity – Arts Centre Administrator
The Trustees of the Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre are looking for a part-time Administrator to provide support both for the Artistic Director of Shed Arts and the Trustees.
It would be advantageous for the applicant to have previous experience in arts event-planning and management, as the role will be varied and will require involvement in many aspects of the running of the Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre and the Shed Arts events.
The successful applicant will in turn be supported by the Trustees and a well-organised circle of volunteers to ensure that the following are achieved efficiently and successfully:-
- the routine running of the office to include dealing with queries, telephone calls, correspondence and emails as directed to the Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre;
- implementing and maintaining the office and cloud based information and storage systems,
- assisting the Artistic Director; for example progressing bookings, ensuring appropriate pro-forma contracts are in place, any technical requirements met and the events calendar populated;
- assisting the Marketing Manager as required;
- liaising with the Manager of the Whistle-Stop Café when an event requires refreshments or catering;
- supporting the Treasurer as required;
- attending Shed Arts events as necessary. The role requires some evening and weekend attendances and the occasional monitoring of other out-of-hours activities;
- managing the work, welfare and training of the Shed Arts volunteers in conjunction with the Trustees;
- contributing to the Tetbury Goods Shed newsletter from time to time to build awareness and excitement around our brand;
- working with the Trustees to deliver event logistics to include ensuring appropriate cover by Events, Duty and Bar Managers for each event;
- generally facilitating the use of the venue as a platform for new and established artists and performers, showcasing high quality arts that promote discovery through enjoyment and knowledge through participation.
The Administrator we are looking for is an enthusiastic, organised and multi-talented all-rounder. Charm and persuasiveness is an asset; complete honesty and integrity are essential.
The assistance provided to the Administrator by the Trustees of the Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre will increase in line with the success of Shed Arts and the Whistle Stop café.
If you would like to apply, please email email@example.com, with a copy of your CV.
For more information, you can call the office on 01666 505 496 or call in to The Goods Shed between 11am and 1pm during the week.
Closes: Friday 21 July 2017
Location: Tetbury, Gloucestershire
Type: Part time (3 days per week), flexible hours plus occasional attendance at weekend events
Salary: Dependent upon experience Paid pro rata (£18 – £20k)
Probation: Four months
Holiday: 20 days per annum plus bank holidays or days in lieu
Contact: Helen Hyde on firstname.lastname@example.org