Job Opportunity – Artistic Director
We are looking for a part-time Artistic Director, preferably someone locally-based, to take us forward and build on our vision. The successful candidate will have a proven record in Arts Management to enable them to develop Shed Arts to showcase the best talent, balancing the highly creative and artistic vision of the venue with the necessity of generating income.
The Artistic Director will plan a varied programme, including the visual arts, music, theatre, talks, film and workshops.
They will nurture relationships with the local community and aim to place the Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre at the heart of Arts activities within the Cotswolds. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the ability to motivate and lead others and to convince and win over potential patrons, funders, sponsors, and local interest groups.
He or she will facilitate the use of the venue as a platform for new and established artists and performers, showcasing high quality, challenging arts whilst nurturing a strong connection with the local community.
The successful applicant will be:-
- Someone with an established background in arts management
- Responsible for the overall artistic strategy of Shed Arts
- Devising the calendar of events for Shed Arts to reflect the vision of Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre
- Creative but at the same time comfortable with the constraints of establishing and managing budgets
- An excellent communicator with an ability to listen and a proven facility to successfully oversee projects and people
- A working knowledge of websites, social media and Content Management Systems
- Able to initiate and participate in the sourcing of external funding from grants, sponsorship and advertising to include initiating corporate fund-raising functions
- Able to attend Shed Arts events as necessary
- Required to work with and to report regularly to the Trustees of the Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre.
The successful applicant will be supported both by a part-time Administrator and a Publicity and Promotions Assistant. The Trustees, a Treasurer and a well organised circle of volunteers are also in place to provide support. When the success of Shed Arts is proven, there will be the possibility of the post of Artistic Director increasing to full-time.
This is an exciting post offering the successful applicant the opportunity and challenge of developing an outstanding and well recognised venue for the Arts in the Cotswolds. Our aim is for the Tetbury Goods Shed Arts Centre, incorporating Shed Arts and the Whistle-Stop café, to become a community hub and a place where minds and horizons are expanded through contact with the Arts.
If you would like to apply, please email Helen Hyde on firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your CV.